Weight loss is a very common discussion topic. This is especially so since there are so many people who would like to lose weight so as to be healthier, and look better and slimmer. Sadly there are many people who are not aware of the best ways to lose weight. There are still those who think that a strict diet is the only solution. However dieting is not the way out, and there are various things you could do to lose weight, most of which are easier and more practical.
So let us elaborate a bit on weight loss advice to get you slim and trim.
- Take a close look at your current lifestyle. Do you consider it to be a healthy lifestyle? Your lifestyle includes how you spend your day, how much do you get to move, and what you eat and drink. Pinpoint things that you could change. By tweaking your lifestyle you can find ways and means to start your weight loss journey. Most likely you are going over the recommended daily calorie intake. Try to keep track of your calorie intake so as to stick with the recommended number of calories per day.
- Your breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day. As a general rule of thumb it is best to have a 300 calorie breakfast so as to fill full and reduce cravings throughout the day. A healthy mix of protein and whole grains is very important for breakfast.
- Increase your intake of vegetables. Vegetables are very rich in nutrients and minerals and they offer a great variety of ingredients for many healthy meals and snacks. If you pile up your pantry with vegetables instead of processed foods, you will start losing weight quickly.
- Stop/limit eating out or buying take-away food. You will be surprised at how much weight you could lose if you do so, and how much money you can save too!
- Stop buying snacks such as crisps. These are almost always high in salts and very high in calories. Instead opt for healthy snacks like yogurt, whole fruits, nuts, hummus and carrots.
- Limit the intake of added sugar.
- Limit your intake of refined carbs such as white bread, white rice, and pastries.
- Drink water to reduce calorie intake, as well as increase the amount of calories you burn.
- Exercise is very important for a healthy lifestyle, and to achieve weight loss. If you cannot fit in a half an hour daily exercise, at least try to include small bouts of 5-minute exercises during the day. Be it a few crunches or jumping jacks, climbing several flights of stairs or going for a quick jog at lunchtime, you will be getting your body to move, and the calories start getting burnt. You could also find a class that you could take. It could be fun to start practising a particular sport, and at the same time you would be burning calories and losing weight too.
- Quit smoking and reduce alcohol.