Vegan diet recipes follow only plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruits, grains, and nuts. It does not include any foods such as meats, eggs, and fish. If you have enjoyed heavy meals in the past and looking to lose weight, these vegan diet recipes can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Not only are the recipes light in calories, but healthy and include lots of fat burning foods to improve your metabolism for faster weight loss.
As a vegetarian, lots of the recipes you eat should be plant-based. If you intend on reducing animal products, these recipes can help you do so. They are plenty of vegan diet recipes on here that you will fall in love with and enjoy.
Eating Healthy on Vegan diet recipes
With the vegan diet meal plan, it is easier to get all the nutrients your body requires for a balanced diet. A healthy vegan diet should include:
- Eating at least five portions of different fruits and vegetables per day.
- Your meals should consist of some starchy carbs for energy such as whole grains, potatoes, bread, rice, and pasta. The following vegan diet recipes below will include this.
- Include dairy such as yogurts because of lower fat, and low sugar.
- Get protein from foods such as beans, and pulses
- Avoid eating Saturated Oils.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, We recommend at a gallon of water when eating our vegan diet recipes.
Vegan Diet Recipes Nutrients
Vegan diet recipes should include all the nutrients the body requires. With a good plan and understanding how a healthy balanced vegan dish should be, it is easier to get all the nutrients the body needs. Essential nutrients such as Iron, all the vitamins and calcium should be included in the vegan diet recipes.
Sources of Vitamin C, D, K and Calcium from Vegan Diet
Calcium is very crucial for the body. It helps with strong bones and teeth for your organization. Calcium generally comes from dairy foods such as milk, but on a vegan diet, it is easier to get it from certain foods such as:
- Vegetables: These vegetables include Cabbage, okra, and broccoli
- Soya, oat, and rice will generally add calcium
- Dried fruits such as figs, raisins, dried apricots, and prunes.
- Sesame seeds and tahini
- Brown and white bread are excellent when making vegan diet recipes because of the amount of calcium it has.
Vegan Diet recipes
Satay Sweet Potato Curry Vegan Diet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 3 Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 500g peeled sweet potatoes
- 400 Milliliters of coconut oil
- 200 grams of spinach
- 1 lemon
- Cooked rice
- Roasted peanuts
Cooking Method for this vegan diet
- Start by melting the coconut oil on medium heat, and then add the onions to soften them for 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic cloves and add some ginger for a total of one minute.
- Stir the Thai red curry paste, and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 500 grams of sweet potato. The sweet potatoes should be peeled and cut into chunks and add 400 milliliters of coconut milk and 200 milliliters of water.
- Bring the pot to boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes to soften the sweet potatoes.
- Add spinach and lime juice, stir for better seasoning. Then serve with rice and dry roasted peanuts. This is the first healthy vegan diet recipe you could try.
Chili Vegan Diet Recipes
- 3 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Peeled and cut Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Cumin
- 1 Copped Onions
- 2 Peeled and Cut Carrots
- 2 Chopped Celery
- 2 Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili powder
- 1 cup red pepper
- Chopped tomatoes
- 400 grams of black beans
- 400 grams of kidney beans
Method of Making this Vegan diet
- Start off by heating the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Add the sweet potatoes that are chunks in a roasting tin and add 1 ½ tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of paprika, 1 tablespoon of ground cumin. Mix everything together, add salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes.
- Add red pepper, chopped tomatoes and include 200 milliliters of water. Bring the chili to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. After adding beans and cook for another 10 minutes before adding in the sweet potatoes.
If you are interested in making this vegan diet recipe in a slow cooker
If you are interested in making this dish in a slow cooker, add oil in a large frying pan and warm the pan to medium heat. Once the pan is warm, you can add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring until the food becomes soft. Then add the sweet potatoes and cook for one minute.
Vegan Diet sources for Iron
Iron helps with the creation of red blood cells. Vegan diet should include foods with Iron from plant-based foods. Good sources of Iron other than meat include:
- Bread and Flour
- Cereals are full of Iron
- Leafy vegetables such as broccoli should be included in vegan diet recipes because of their Iron content.
- Fruits such as prunes, apricots, berries, and figs contain Iron.
Foods in Vegan Diet Recipes with Fatty Acids
Fatty is acids that help lower the risk of heart disease and improve the function of the heart. These fatty acids should be included in vegan diet for better health. These foods include:
- Rapeseed Oil
- Soya Oil
- Flax seed Oil
Foods in Vegan Diet with Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is essential for the body for maintaining blood and your nervous system. This vitamin comes primarily from animal products. They are a few non-animal foods that do contain vitamin B12, this includes:
- Cereals we eat in the morning contain plenty of B12 we can accumulate when we are preparing vegan diet recipes.
- Soya drinks include Vitamin B12
- Yeast extract