Watching pounds melt away and being able to achieve the figure you have always wanted is something that many dream about. For most though this remains just a dream, as they do not know how to go about losing weight. In this article we would like to help you pluck up the courage to start on a weight loss journey, during which you will be able to see some pounds melt away within a relatively short period of time. It is doable, as long as you know what to do, and we shall be sharing some tips and tricks which will enable you to be successful in your weight loss journey.
- To start losing weight you need to have a general idea of your calorie requirements. This will vary according to your gender, age, and activity levels. You basically need to consume less calories if you want to lose weight, and so you will need to analyze your current meals so as to see where you can cut down on calories. Most probably there are various unhealthy meals or snacks that you consume regularly, and which are contributing to your weight gain. You will need to do away with such food items and drinks, and replace them with healthier options such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and water. For each unhealthy food item or ingredient you use, think about a healthier alternative. These food swaps could work wonders in your weight loss.
- Prepare a heathy breakfast to start off your day. Your breakfast needs to be nourishing and healthy. Choose food options which will fill you up properly, such as oatmeal, eggs and wholegrain cereals. Homemade smoothies prepared from fresh fruit or vegetables could be delicious and very healthy alternatives to coffee and tea. Avoid eating readymade stuff such as muffins, biscuits, croissants and other sugary foods.
- Eat slowly as this will make you feel fuller more quickly. Some good tips to get used to eating more slowly include putting down your fork after each bite, and chewing food more thoroughly.
- Use smaller plates as this will slowly help you get used to eating smaller portions and still feeling full.
- Drink plenty of water and stay away from packaged drinks such as sodas and juices. Water is imperative for a healthy body. It also improves your metabolism and makes you feel fuller.
- Never skip meals. Unlike what some people think, skipping meals is not going to help at all. It is important to have fixed meal times that you stick to as much as possible as this will reduce the chances of hunger pangs and overeating. Meal times should be set at times where your body is given enough time to digest the food well.
- Avoid frying, and instead grill, bake or steam your food.
- Increase the protein in your diet. More protein will leave you feeling fuller. Foods rich in protein should be consumed instead of those high in fats and carbohydrates. Good sources of protein include lean meat, fish, eggs, lentils, beans, nuts and tofu.
- Last but not least – exercise daily. You need to keep an eye on what you eat to limit your calorie intake, but you still need to burn calories and exercise is critical for this.
By putting these tips into practice you will start noticing some pounds melting away! Good luck!