Having at least one snack a day is a must for many. It is normal to start feeling those pangs of hunger after a while, and it may be quite some time until eat lunch or dinner. However, it is critical that you choose your snacks wisely as they can be the main culprit when it comes to putting on weight. Low carb snacks are recommended as they can fulfil you while limiting your caloric intake. Here are some low carb snacks that are tasty, healthy and simple to prepare.
Nuts are absolute favorites as low carb snacks. Pecan nuts and Brazil nuts are among the best. Walnuts are also a great option. Even though peanuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are nuts, they contain more carbs than other nuts.
Eggs are a very god low carb option. Some hard boiled eggs or an omelette can make a great snack anytime. Some devil eggs can be ideal if you like spicy foods.
Vegetable sticks and dip
Cutting sticks of celery, cucumber and peppers and adding some extra taste to them by dipping them in some low carb dip sauce or cream cheese makes for a great snack.
- Wheat free crackers
- Roasted cauliflower pieces
- Salmon sushi
- Cottage cheese
- Low carb crisp bread
- Tuna rolls
- Tuna salad
- Smoked salmon
- Peanut butter spread
- Flax crackers
- Cheddar crisps
- Cauliflower tots
you can just opt for a piece of cheese with some crackers, or prepare a rolled-up cheese and ham with vegetables.
Turkey rolls ups
just roll up slices of turkey in some lettuce leaves, and add some mustard for extra taste.
Kale leaves with oil and salt
and roasted in the oven make a crispy and delectable low carb snack.
very rich in protein and fiber, with very little carbs, these steamed soybeans are ideal as a snack.
one of the best snacks you can opt for.
stuffed with tuna is an excellent snack, as it is as tasty and as refreshing as can be, apart from being low in carbs.
- Pepperoni slices or stuffed peppers
- Grilled cauliflower and cheese
- Baked zucchini chips
- Avocados stuffed with tofu
- Cinnamon apples
- Olives – can be added with salads and several other recipes
- Almond apple muffins
- Apple slices with a string of cheese
- Cucumbers filled with ricotta
- Low fat plain Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon spiced pecans
- Berries – berries are sweet but relatively low carb options, especially blackberries and raspberries.
- Tomato soup
- Broccoli and cheese soup
- Asparagus soup
- Blue cheese dip easily prepared to dip some crackers or vegetable sticks in.
- Roasted eggplant salad topped up with some goat cheese and smoked almonds.
- Dark chocolate – do not over indulge in this though!
There are many low carb snacks you can choose from as you can see. Most are easy to prepare, or you can stock them up in your fridge or cupboards to find easily whenever you feel like you are hungry.