With the fast paced life most of us lead, it has become easier to end up putting on weight. Be it for random snacks that we take throughout the day, or the inability to cook healthy meals due to a busy schedule, there are those extra calories which we tend to consume and then not burn since we do not have time to slot in some form of daily exercise routine. The result – more obese men and women.
As summer approaches, most people start to notice that they are not in shape more than ever before. Clothes do not fit as well as they used to, and we just cannot imagine how we are going to put on our swimsuits and expose that belly fat. So, the urgency to lose weight starts to press on our minds more. If you are in this situation at the moment, here are some tips which could help you lose weight a bit more quickly and effectively.
Before we move on to these tips though, let us state a golden rule – It is normal to lose faith in your weight loss if results are not visible immediately, but there is no need to give up because getting back into shape IS within your power. All you need is consistency, commitment and some good methods, which we shall be listing hereunder.
Quick weight loss tips for men:
- To lose weight one thing is for sure – you need to make it a point to exercise. A combination of workouts usually works best for most men who are trying to lose weight quickly. Thanks to the switching from one exercise to another, you will be speeding up your heart rate, and working on each major muscle in your body. This will also lead to more effective calorie burning. Circuit training is a very good idea. It could include various forms of exercises performed one after another, such as sets of squats, bench presses, lunges and other similar workouts.
Besides these exercises it is also recommended to engage in some sprinting, which is ideal to get the heart rate up really quickly. Sprints serve various purposes for men, such as helping you burn calories as well as increase lung capacity and endurance, and sculpt your abs and legs.
- Boosting the metabolism is an important element in your weight loss journey. There are various ways to boost your metabolic rate. One good method for men is to engage in strength training. Some muscle-building workouts such as weight training, pull ups, squats and dead lifts will help you in building certain important muscle groups such as the biceps, your back and legs, and at the same time you will be burning calories and boosting your metabolism.
Another simple way to boost your metabolism is to drink lots of water. Besides this will help in keeping your body hydrated and giving you a feeling of fullness which will lead to a smaller calorie consumption.
To keep your metabolism high it is recommended that you increase the protein in your diet. So you may wish to consume more fish, chicken, nuts and beans, which are all high in protein. It is also imperative to ensure that you do not suffer from iron deficiency. Plenty of iron in your diet from sources such as red meat, spinach, lentils and beans will help to keep your metabolic rate up.
You will also need to get used to eating complex carbohydrates. These take longer for the body to digest them, and so they will keep your metabolic rate at a high level. Sources of such carbs include starchy and green leafy vegetables, beans and whole grain products.
It is a very good idea to get used to adding spices to your meals. There are certain spices, such as chili peppers, which give a boost to the metabolism, and if you regularly consume foods with spices there will be a sustained effect.
- It is important to ensure that you are eating foods which contain good fats. If your diet is high in saturated fats and cholesterol you need to improve it because besides reducing your weight loss improvements, it will also be contributing to the probability of suffering from heart diseases and problems. Opt for foods that contain good fats like mono and polyunsaturated fats. These include avocados, nuts, salmon, sardines and olive oil.
- If you love meat, and most men do love it, make sure that you choose lean meats. Red meat is not to be removed from your diet completely as it is a good source of iron, but it is better to substitute it for some poultry and stick to not more than three times a week.
- Many men love alcohol and beer. This tendency needs to be reduced as much as possible if you want to lose weight fast. Alcohol and beer contain a high amount of calories, and they are said to contribute to fat accumulating around the stomach.
- Sleep adequately – lack of sleep could contribute to weight gain. So make sure that you get enough sleep.
- Avoid quick processed snacks, take-away and eating out often.
Fastest way to lose weight for Men
What is the fastest way to lose weight? The answer is twofold. The fastest way to lose weight is to stick to a healthy lifestyle. This consists of 1. activity and exercise every day plus 2. a commitment to eat healthy foods. The issue with healthy eating is quite varied as there are countless meal plans and diets which claim to be the best an d most effective. Yet, if you were to put them all in a nutshell, you will find that the key is to eat less carbohydrates, and more fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
Here are some practical tips in relation to healthy eating that you could start to incorporate in your life from now on:
- You need to eat more protein from sources such as fish, seafood, meat and eggs.
- Low carb vegetables should be central in your diet. Broccoli, lettuce, spinach, kale and celery are some of the best vegetables you should eat.
- Cut back on sugars and starches.
- Fat sources should be good sources like olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil.
- Another good idea is to have one day per week where you eat a high amount of carbs.
- A high protein breakfast is really important.
- Eat soluble fiber.
- Portion control is important, as well as making it a point to eat a healthy, high protein breakfast which will help you avoid hunger pangs during the day. It is a good idea to use smaller plates.
- Make a habit of eating more slowly as in this way you will feel fuller before.
- Snacks should be healthy snacks not the buy off the shelf kind. These include fresh fruit, yogurt, salads, and nuts.
- Another helpful tip is to drink a glass of water half an hour before meals.
- Caffeine in reasonable amounts is good as it helps to boost metabolism.
- The trick is to stick to whole, unprocessed foods. They tend to be healthier every time, as well as much more filling than processed foods.
Apart from those tips relating to healthy food choices and eating, it is also important to mention exercise. The fastest way to lose weight is to combine healthy eating with regular exercise. As you keep an eye on an ideal calorie intake, and make sure that you engage in exercise so as to burn calories, you will start to lose weight. Exercise is undeniably critical in weight loss. You are probably asking, how I am going to be more active if I work from early in the morning till late at night. I do not have time to go to the gym or for a walk every day! However, you could devote ten minutes of your lunch break to a quick walk around the block. You could watch TV while jogging on the treadmill, instead of sitting on the couch. These are all simple and practical ways to include more activity in your daily routine so as to start losing weight quickly.
Lose weight with these simple tips and tricks for Men
Losing weight seems to be like an impossible goal. Truth be told, for many people, it does end up this way. However the lack of success is not due to the fact that it is a difficult achievement, but rather one that can be attained if only the right methods were used. In reality there are a number of things that most people do wrong when they try to lose weight. One of the main ones is dieting. Losing weight is not attained by making yourself go on a hunger strike. Rather, you need to eat more, as long as you eat healthy foods. So, before you start another weight loss routine that is most likely to end up negatively, go over the following simple tips and tricks, which could work wonders in your weight loss journey.
- Take the time to think about what you are going to consume. Rather than grabbing a ready-made snack or a take-away, think about the caloric intake you are going to get from that meal or snack. Chances are that if it is a quick meal, or a ready-made one, you will realize that it is unhealthy. It is important that you come to terms with what you eat, and a good way to start this habit is to write down what you ate. In this way you will be able to keep track of the calories you are consuming. In time you will start to cut down on certain meals, as well as on sauces, dressings, condiments and other things that greatly increase your caloric intake, and thus limit your weight loss considerably.
- Get a weight loss companion. If you embark on a weight loss journey on your own you may feel discouraged at times. It could really prove helpful if you have someone who is trying to lose weight like you. It could be your spouse, a friend, sibling or colleague. Share your thoughts with one another, as well as your successes and failures, and you will be providing support and encouragement to one another even if you do not realize it.
- Drink water throughout the day. Fizzy drinks, lemonades and other drinks are packed with calories you can do without. Besides water is healthy and ideal for your metabolism.
- Reduce your portions. This does not mean cut down on your food intake, but eating a few less bites could work out wonders.
- Avoid snacking. Most snacks are consumed as a result of frustration, boredom or habit. Try to cut down on your snacks, or if you really need to eat something grab a fruit or some nuts.
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day walking. This could be a walk around the block, or a quick run on a treadmill. Ideally you should devote 30-45 minutes a day to exercising, but if it is too much for you start with at least 10 minutes and gradually increase this.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
These tips are really simple, but they could really help you lose weight if you stick to them every day.