Breakfast meal plans for weight loss
We often hear that it is the most important meal of the day, and yet many people fail to understand how truly important it is. Many simply eat whatever comes their way as they prepare to leave for school or work. This is the breakfast. If you are not happy with your weight, chances are that you are one of these people who fail to place any importance to what they eat for breakfast. It could be due to laziness or simply because they do not want to run out of time, or wake up earlier to have enough time to prepare a decent breakfast. Regardless of the reason, if you are not eating a good breakfast you are going to increase your weight, as well as be more prone for restlessness and tiredness during the rest of the day. A good breakfast helps you to kick start your metabolism for the coming day, and this will in turn help you to burn more calories throughout the rest of the day. Moreover it gives you energy, strength and helps you focus more.
So considering all this, it is important to have a really good breakfast. Let us highlight some simple yet healthy breakfast meal plans for weight loss that you could try out to have a truly delicious but low-calorie breakfast:
- Eggs on toast or omelettes – eating eggs for breakfast is very fulfilling. As a result you will feel less hungry during the rest of the morning, resulting in a lower calorie intake. There are various variations of omelettes you could opt for. Some of the most common and tasty ones include spinach and mushrooms. Some other nutritious omelette additions include tomatoes, onions, artichokes and bell peppers.
- Feta cheese and scrambled eggs
- A crusty toast with tomatoes, basil and if you like, avocado.
- Wholemeal flour pancakes with some natural yogurt.
- Pancakes with berries such as raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- French toast with strawberries.
- Qionoa flake cereal with cinnamon, apples and flaxseeds – very high in proteins and ideal to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Scrambled tofu with fresh herbs and tomatoes – tofu is a great source of omega-3. This is a fulfilling and tasty breakfast option.
- Ricotta cheese with chopped papaya and flaxseeds.
- Spinach and potato scramble.
- Wraps with ham, eggs, crumbled feta and greens
- Whole wheat muffins with a hard-boiled egg, non-fat cottage cheese and grapefruit
- Muesli with cherries
- Oatmeal with berries and pecans
As you may see you do not have to spend a lot of time to prepare these tasty breakfast meals. Most of the ingredients are easily found in your kitchen or at any grocery store. If you mix and match these ideas, you will have two whole weeks of different breakfast meals, and then you can start all over again. So variety is certainly not a problem. If you spend at least a month alternating between these breakfast meals, you will notice that you will start to lose weight because all of these breakfast options will set you off to a good start, where you will feel well-nourished and fulfilled, and there won’t be any food cravings any time soon. So you will naturally avoid unhealthy snacks before midday!
Lunch Meal plans for weight loss
What should you eat for lunch if you want to lose weight? Definitely you cannot simply rummage through your kitchen cupboards and prepare whatever comes to mind. And you cannot have a takeaway every time you do not feel like cooking. There are dozens of lunch meal plans for weight loss that are quite easy to prepare. You do not have to spend a lot of time preparing or cooking, and yet you will be eating something nutritious and healthy, which is conducive to weight loss rather than weight gain. Isn’t this what we all want? So just keep reading so as to benefit from some great lunch meal plans for weight loss which could help you reach your goal sooner than you thought.
- Chicken salad
- Quinoa salad
- Squash and lentil soup
- Wraps with spinach, feta cheese, and any other healthy ingredient
- Whole wheat pita bread
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Tofu sandwiches
- Turkey and guacamole sandwiches
- Tacos with sweet potatoes, black beans and other healthy ingredients
- Shrimp salad
- Black beans salad or soup
- Assorted chopped vegetables
- Rice salad
- Cold pasta salad
All of these lunches revolve around the following guidelines;
- Calories – about 400 to 500 calories is the best rule of thumb.
- Carbohydrates – carbohydrates are important for body energy but you need to avoid refined carbs or eating too much. 50 to 65 grams of carbs is best for lunchtime, and this can be derived from whole grain pasta and bread, and starchy vegetables and fruits.
- Proteins – a healthy amount of proteins at midday is important if you do not want to start the afternoon feeling lethargic. Try to stick to 20 to 30 grams of proteins for your lunch.
- Fats – healthy fats are needed as they make your meal more satisfying. Nuts, seeds, oils and olives are some of the sources for healthy fats. Try to stick within the range of 13 to 18 grams of healthy fats for lunch.
- Fiber – about 8 grams of fiber for lunch will have you get a good amount of the daily recommended intake. These can be found in nuts, seeds, whole grains and starchy vegetables.
- Sugars – a couple of grams of sugar for lunch is not harmful as long as you opt for natural sugars such as dried cranberries, sweet potatoes, grapes, maple syrup or whole pieces of fruits.
As you can see there are several scrumptious lunch meal plans for weight loss which will not take ages to prepare either. Make sure you try them out and be creative so as to retain a healthy meal routine and achieve your weight loss goals. And remember that the timing is also important. Regardless of how busy you are, lunch should be eaten between noon and one in the afternoon, and not any later than that! Otherwise your chances of burning calories during the rest of the day diminish considerably.
Dinner meal plans for weight loss
When you are trying to lose weight you tend to place a lot of importance on what you eat at each and every meal. Every single calories counts in your endeavor to shed those dreaded extra kilos as quickly as possible. As a result, your experience towards weight loss tends to become stressful and something that you dread. One thing is for sure – never ever try to fast. It is true that you need to pay attention to what you eat, but this does not mean that you are going to opt for skimpy salads every time. You can actually manage to build up a fulfilling but diet-friendly dinner meal plan for weight loss. Let us elaborate a bit further on what you could cook for dinner.
- Salad greens – if you start your supper with a simple salad you are going to fill up your stomach more, and this will enable you to eat a smaller portion for the second course. Besides there are so many appetizing salads you could prepare, and you can basically eat as much as you want as salad greens are low in calories, high in fibers and vitamins.
- Beef, chicken, and fish – yes, you can eat meat even if you are trying to lose weight. They are rich in proteins and consequently they allow you to feel full for longer, unlike foods that are high in carbohydrates and fats. Needless to say there are countless recipes that you can prepare using beef, chicken and fish as the main ingredient. You can combine them with some potatoes, beans or a salad, and basically the sky is your limit. Just avoid frying!
- Whole grains – choosing whole grains is very important to lose weight. So opt for whole-wheat bread, brown rice, quinoa and whenever possible make at least half of the grains you consume whole grains. They help to melt away abdominal fat, and they are rich in magnesium which helps to regulate fat metabolism.
- Dessert – no, we did not make a mistake. You can indeed have dessert after dinner, there is no need to forego it to lose weight. After all you are not on a mission to starve or to refrain from enjoying something tasty after a hard day at work. Besides according to various studies totally banning sugary foods could lead to overeating, which leads to worse results. So do not overindulge yourself a nd stick to small portions, but you can still enjoy a little sweet treat.
There is no need to list detailed dinner meal plans for weight loss as as long as you stick to using salad greens, some meat, beans, and whole grains, you can basically come up with hundreds upon hundreds of healthy recipes that can allow you to lose weight. Some ideas could include
- chicken salad,
- grilled chicken with potatoes,
- rice salad,
- scallops with spinach,
- salmon burgers,
- beef and veggies,
- wholegrain pasta with asparagus or with artichokes and peas,
- shrimp pasta with salad, and let me stop there as I am pretty sure you have already set off to prepare one of these simple but delicious dinners to enjoy a great meal and yet manage to lose weight. Enjoy!