Avocado is a unique fruit since it is very high in healthy fats. Those who eat avocados regularly can benefit from various health benefits, including:
- Highly nutritious – avocado is sometimes referred to as a superfood since it is very nutritious. In fact avocados contain 20 different vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, E and K, as well as Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Iron, Phosphorous. Needless to say each one of these has its respective health benefits.
- Improved health - All in all you can benefit from healthy blood pressure levels, lower cholesterol levels and lower triglyceride levels, apart from a lower risk of metabolic syndrome and a high nutrient intake. Moreover, avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium, and there are low in saturated fat.
- High in fibre - Avocados are rich in fibre which supports good metabolic health and also helps in weight loss.
- High in monounsaturated oleic acid – this helps to reduce inflammation problems and is beneficial on genes that are linked to cancer.
- Helps to absorb more nutrients from plant foods –apart from being highly nutritious, avocados can increase the nutrient values of any other plant foods you eat. This makes it an ideal addition to various dishes, especially vegetables which are fat soluble. So adding avocado or its oil to a dish, can increase antioxidant absorption considerably.
- High in antioxidants – this reduces the risk of certain eye problems such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
Considering all these aspects, there is no doubt that there are only benefits to be derived from eating avocados. Apart from all these, you would be amazed to learn that eating avocado can even help you to lose weight.According to a number of studies, avocados are a weight loss friendly food for a number of reasons:
- Being high in fibre, avocados support weight loss through better metabolism.
- Avocados are low in carbs, which promotes weight loss.
- People who ate avocados felt full and so they were inclined to consume little else afterwards as it is already a satisfying food on its own. This leads to lower calorie intake, and as a result, weight loss.
- The monounsaturated fats that are found in avocados may help to increase the rate at which fat is burned, as well as make the body burn more calories after a meal. They also help in reducing appetite. This has been shown by a number of studies.
There is no concrete avocados that avocados lead to weight loss, but considering the above mentioned aspects, it can indeed help. Eating avocados in reasonable amounts is recommended as they are high in calories. However, comprising them in a weight loss diet is a good idea as it can help you to lose weight as well as benefit from the various nutrients, minerals, vitamins and healthy fats that they are rich in. Besides, it is easy to incorporate avocados in various dishes, and they make perfect additions to salads.