Dr. Nowzaradan Diet plan is a 1200 calorie diet plan that helps people that are incredibly overweight. The diet includes weight loss surgery for patients that seek help and are in critical condition due to excessive weight loss.
Who is Dr. Nowzaradan?
Dr. Nowzaradan is a plastic surgeon that specializes in weight loss based in Houston, Texas. He specializes in bariatric surgery, also performs other operations such as vascular surgery and general. He has been practicing medicine for almost 30 years now. His fame came from the TLC hit show my 600 LB life, where he consults and performs procedures for overweight patients on the show.
He created a rigorous diet to help his patients and called it the Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan. The menu is a stringent diet that only limits 1200 calories of food per day. The diet is also known as the 1200 diet plan.
Dr. Nowzaradan Background?
- Dr. Nowzaradan was born in Iran in 1944
- He studied medicine and received his credentials from the University of Tehran in 1970
- Attended St. Louis University in Missouri and completed his Medical Orientation Program
- Did his medical residency at St. Thomas Hospital
- The cardiovascular fellowship was obtained from the Texas heart institute in Houston.
Dr. Nowzaradan 1200 Calorie Diet Plan
Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan is based on a 1200 calorie diet plan. The idea of this diet is to keep your food consumption under 1200 calories to lose weight fast. His patients can sometimes limit their strict diet to as low as 1000 calories for extreme weight loss. The 1200 calorie diet, also known as the Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan is a low fat carb, high protein, and low-fat food combination diet.
The diet focuses on plant-based foods for protein, fats, and carbs with lots of fluids for hydration. They are some foods that have to be avoided on Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan, these foods include:
- Sugar: you can use artificial and natural sweeteners like Reb a and sucralose
- Candy, cookies, cake, donuts, pies and ice cream
- Sweetened fruit or frozen yogurt
- Sherbet, sorbet, milkshakes and chocolate milk
- Pudding or sweetened gelatin desserts
- Potato chips, potatoes, French fries, mashed potatoes, and tater tots
- Peanuts, peanut butter, almonds, cashews, pistachios, and sunflower seeds
- White rice and brown rice
- Kinds of pasta and noodles
- Cereals of any kind, oatmeal, and grits
- Fruit juices like orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, grape juice, jellies/jams, and candied fruits or dried fruits
- Canned or frozen fruits in heavy syrup
- Minimize bread including wheat bread and tortillas
- Sodas or sugary drinks, sports drinks or energy drinks
- Avoid some fruits as they contain natural sugars and are incredibly high in calories. These fruits include watermelons, cantaloupes, and bananas.
- Avoid meal supplements or shakes that have excessive carbohydrates and sugar in them.
- Honey, syrup, and molasses.
These are the foods that have to be avoided on the Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan and the 1200 calorie diet plan.
What to eat on Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan
In the morning, when on Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan, he suggests that you eat egg whites, beans, low-fat cottage cheese, turkey sausage, cheese, plain Greek yogurt, or whole grain bread.
Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan at lunch, he recommends to bake, grill or broil lean protein or canned tuna. Some other protein is deli meat, non-starchy vegetables, and salads and avoids using salad dressing. Your meat consumption should be 3 ounces.
Your dinner can be similar to your lunch menu. Avoid eating dinner late at night and eating heavy meals.
Example of Meal Plan on Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan
Breakfast: a ½ cup of oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries for a total of 300 calories
Morning Snack: a ½ cup of cottage cheese and a pear for a total of 150 calories.
Lunch: A Dr. Nowzaradan Diet plan for lunch would be a Mediterranean salad for total calories of 305.
After lunch Snack: a ½ cup of carrots, a boiled egg and few wheat crackers for 145 calories
Dinner: Shrimp Tacos 298 calories in total.
This is an example of how your meal plan for the day would look if you were on a Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan or the 1200 calories. The daily meal plan does not exceed 1200 calories.
No Carb Snacks for the 1200 calories diet plan
- Pork Rinds
- Green Olives
- Cocoa Nibs
- Deli Meat
- String Cheese
- Nut Packs
- Beef Jerky
- Cheese Chips
- Moon Cheese
- Whey Protein
Protein Meats for Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan
- Hot Dogs
Dr. Nowzaradan Diet is complicated to follow at first. The one thing that you need to realize when you on the 1200 calorie diet, at the end of this journey, you will see great results, and it will be worth it.
If you are following the 1200 calorie diet, you will receive a customized diet plan tailored to you to suit your body needs. All menu has the same most of the items in stock. First, the food is restricted to 1000 to 1200 calories per day. It is then adjusted later throughout the diet when exercise and fitness are added.
It is essential to realize that Dr. Nowzaradan diet plan was designed for those with extreme weight and are in critical condition. It is designed to help someone that is exceptionally overweight to burn fat fast so they could be prepared for surgery. The 1200 calorie diet plan can be done by anyone. It is always recommended to consult a doctor before taking this diet into action.