Losing weight comes with a common dilemma. How am I supposed to lose weight if I tend to feel hungry every couple of hours? In reality you can lose weight even if you feel full. You can shed those extra kilos even if you have a hearty meal. The key is to know what to eat and in what amounts. The other key to the secret of losing weight is to be active and willing to engage in regular exercises.
So, when it comes to answering the question as to which are some of the best ways to lose weight, we need to have these two critical elements as part of the answer – healthy eating and exercise. To keep up such a healthy lifestyle you also need to have willpower and self confidence. You cannot expect to see results within a couple of days. You need to be strong and patient.
Let us elaborate a little further on the best ways to lose weight.
- You need to reduce your appetite and try to put a stop to cravings. Since most of what we consume is retained as calories, and only part of the calories are then burnt through exercise, you need to keep an eye on your calorie intake. The more you eat the higher the calories you will be consuming. And, consequently, the more weight you will put on, rather than lose. But, you may be asking how can I reduce my appetite? Many people need to have a snack between breakfast and lunch, and they will also feel like eating something between lunch time and dinner time. The best way to reduce cravings is to:
- Have a healthy and nutritious breakfast which will fill you up well.
- Keep healthy snacks within reach so that you do not eat anything processed, fatty or sugary.
- Stick to fruits, vegetables and nuts. You could prepare a salad or even prepare a simple snack made from such healthy ingredients.
- Improve your metabolic health. The rate at which you burn calories depends on the exercise that you perform as well as on your metabolic rate. A high metabolic diet is thus recommended. This can be achieved with high protein foods, organic food, and foods that are rich in fibre and iron.
- Cut back on sugars and starches. These have a negative impact on insulin levels, and as a result one ends up storing more fat in the body.
- Increase foods that contain protein in your diet. Such foods include salmon, trout, chicken, lamb, beef, and eggs.
- Increase low carb veggies in your diet. Some of the best vegetables include broccoli, spinach, brussels sprouts, kale, lettuce and cabbage.
- Avoid processed foods and stick to whole foods as they are always healthier and more filling.
- Drink plenty of water. It is best to drink some water about half an hour before meals. Water also helps for a healthy metabolism and cleansing.
- Eat slowly.
- Use smaller plates so as to stick to smaller portions.
- Get a good night’s sleep as poor sleep contributes to weight gain.