There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that to lose weight exercising is of utmost importance. You cannot expect to lose weight if you spend all your day sitting in front of a computer or TV. You need to be active, and find ways to make your body move. Just imagine how many calories you consume every day. From main meals to snacks, you consume hundreds of calories, and a good part of them may lead to stored fats that appear around your belly, your legs, and other areas of your body. In time you start to get overweight, and maybe even obese too. So it is important to burn those ‘extra’ calories by working out. There is no need to spend a lot of time engaging in strenuous activities. Even a 15 minute walk every day can make a big difference.
Many people fail to exercise simply because of lack of time or energy. If only you bear in mind that such a short period of time a day is quite enough, you certainly have no excuse. Besides, it can be quite fun as you get to do something that you like – be it a particular sport, or just a jog or brisk walk, or maybe some exercises that involve skipping the rope – whatever you choose, you will notice results if you do it every day.
Rather than focusing on what kinds of exercises you can do, we would like to elaborate on the timing of your daily exercises. In fact when you exercise can have an effect on the amount of weight you get to lose over time. For maximum weight loss results you should either:
- Exercise in the morning – when you exercise in the morning your body will be able to burn more fat. This is as a result of low blood sugar levels which force the body to focus on the stored fats to get the energy required for the exercises. Moreover, in the morning certain hormones will be at high levels. Such hormones can thus accelerate the fat burning process. To keep up the intensity of the exercise make sure you have head breakfast before as otherwise your energy levels will be too low. Besides exercising on an empty stomach could lead to muscle loss instead of fat loss.
- Exercise in the afternoon – some people find it better to exercise in the afternoon because their bodies performed better at that time, especially in terms of strength, power and overall performance.
For best results it is best to stick to a morning or an early afternoon exercise routine. Obviously the choice will depend on the individual and his or her various obligations and schedules. Exercising in the evening is not recommended as you tend to be tired after a whole day at work, and generally only moderate exercises can be done due to lower energy levels. Chances are that working out in the evening may seem an impossible task as you will lack the motivation to start off, let alone, finish a proper workout. Besides, considering that in the morning hormones work to your advantage and you are still fresh and lively, it makes much more sense to leave it for the early morn!
Does body building help burn fat and build muscle
Having a ripped and muscular physique is any bodybuilder’s objective. However as you try to build muscle you may be wondering if it is also possible to burn fat simultaneously. It is in fact possible if you know how to go about it. While packing on a muscular body, you can also burn any body fat as long as you work hard at it. In fact all it takes is some good planning and being disciplined enough to stick to it.
For starters, you need to make sure that you are eating the right amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fats. A proper diet is important, and you cannot just eat whatever comes your way. You need to plan in advance so as to be aware of the amounts of those nutrients you are getting.
- Protein is the main nutrient you need to build muscle. Protein can be found in chicken, fish, eggs, Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. As a general rule of thumb it is recommended that you take 1 gram of protein for every pound of your bodyweight.
- Carbohydrates are important too and they can be found in foods such as whole wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, and vegetables. It is best to manipulate your intake of carbohydrates for best results as in such a way your body will be made to utilize any fats that are stored. So, you should eat in such a way that your carb levels are low for three days, followed by another three days where your carb intake in increased a bit, until you move on to the subsequent three days when your carb levels are at a high level. As a result on the low level days the body will be burning fat for energy, and saving on the muscle. As the carb level is increased your metabolism rate will increase too, and your muscle building will be fuelled up.
- Healthy fats are of the essence too. They maintain hormones like testosterone and increase your energy levels and fat burning. Avocados, almonds, walnuts and olive oil are good sources. Your fat intake will need to be about 0.25 grams for every pound of body weight. On low carb days it may be increased slightly to ensure that your hormone levels are able to retain a level which will allow you to exercise as usual.
So, as you plan your diet you should try to be aware of these guidelines in order to make sure that you are eating accordingly. Apart from a well planned diet plan you need to engage in certain exercises that can assist you in reaching the goal of burning fat while building muscle. Cardio and weight training are considered to be among the best exercises you can engage in.Weight training sessions should ideally be done sometime in the late afternoon or early in the evening, so as to allow you to burn fat and also since this is the time when you eat a lower calorie diet.