As a general rule of thumb snacks are a part of many people’s lives. The concept is quite simple – you get hungry between meals, and so you resort to snacking. So many consider snacks as being a way of increasing calorie intake, and thus, a major contributor to putting on extra kilos. However in reality, there are a good number of snacks which could aid in weight loss. It is all about the ingredients you use, and the choices that you make. So, we shall be discussing 25 best snacks for weight loss which you could try out yourself:
- Oat cereal bars – give you a good deal of fiber as oats are whole grains.
- A bowl with dates is both sweet and healthy.
- A slice of pecan pie
- Whole wheat crackers – there are various brands that offer crackers made from whole wheat which will fill you up without making you increase your sugar intake.
- Spelt pretzels – spelt is a type of grain that is similar to wheat. It has more fiber and protein, and so it is healthy.
- Popcorn – this is a delicious yet fibre rich snack.
- Baby carrots and dip
- Greek yogurt is very high in proteins. You can opt for plain Greek yogurt, or add nuts, fruits or granola for added taste.
- Cottage cheese is rich in proteins and an ideal snack when added with some crackers.
- Cinnamon toast is tasty but not to fatty.
- Hummus is made from chickpeas and sesame seeds. It offers you a nice amount of healthy fats, proteins and fiber.
- Avocado guacamole.
- Toast with peanut butter spread – peanut butter is not fatty as many might think. On the contrary it is high in healthy fats and gives you lots of protein. So spreading peanut butter on toast or crackers is definitely a tasty yet quite healthy snack.
- Watermelon slices – due to its high water content a slice of watermelon will make you feel quite full, and it is obviously low in calories.
- Baked zucchini chips are a tasty yet healthy snack. Easy to prepare by simply cutting zucchini in thin slices, and sprinkle them with some sea salt and pepper, and a little olive oil. You can also sprinkle with paprika. Then, just bake and enjoy!
- Edamame with sea salt is a snack that is rich in fibre but low in calories.
- Cereal mix.
- A bowl of nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- Dried cranberries.
- Chunks of apples with cinnamon.
- Fruit salad
- Dips made from healthy ingredients such as artichoke dip or tuna dip.
- Sweet potatoes and quinoa
- Baked peaches and cream
We are pretty sure that just reading through this list you are already thinking about preparing several of these snacks. Many are very simple to prepare and yet they are appetizing and healthy. So you should definitely try them out.
Healthy snacks for weight loss
It is normal to get that pang of hunger and noticing that it is still not lunch time or dinner time. So you need to take a quick snack. What do you generally do? Grab whatever comes your way from a snack bar or takeaway, or just rummage in your kitchen cupboard and eat something full of sugars and fats? That is quite normal, and it is what several people tend to do. However, did you know that unhealthy snacks tend to be one of the main reasons why you put on those extra kilos? Thus, it goes without saying that you need to stop this habit and try to opt for healthy snacks for weight loss. In reality there is no need to come up with the common excuse that you do not have the time to prepare healthy snacks. There are several healthy snacks that you can find in grocery stores or that you can prepare yourself within a couple of minutes! Let us give your some practical healthy snack ideas for weight loss:
- Greek yogurt with some raspberries or strawberries is not only super creamy and tasty, but also very filling.
- A cupful of grapes packed with natural sugars that leave you feeling satiated and hydrated.
- Some walnuts or any other nuts that you prefer. Nuts are all rich in healthy fats and proteins and they will leave you fill quite full.
- Grains bars made from oats, quinoa and amaranth are available in some stores and they are great to give you a good amount of whole grains which make you burn fats.
- Edamame – these tasty salted green beans are very healthy and they also give you lots of protein and fiber.
- Wheat crackers dipped in some cottage cheese.
- Hummus combined with olives, cucumbers and anything else that you fancy and that is not fatty. This is a great snack that is low in fat and high in fiber.
- Oatmeal topped with some berries like blueberries is another healthy snack.
- Oatmeal balls, easily prepared by combining dry quick oats, almond butter, chia seeds, and some raw honey to have the ingredients stick together once refrigerated.
- Apple or banana slices, or any other fruits that you love combined in a delicious fruit salad.
- A cupful of roasted salted soynuts makes a healthy and scrumptious snack.
- Popcorn is full of fiber and very low in calories.
- Baked zucchini slices is a healthy snack that boosts metabolism and lowers blood pressure, while also satisfying your appetite.
- Cereal mix, ideally dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds drenched in some hemp milk.
- Cottage cheese with some cinnamon is low in calories but high in proteins, calcium and a sweet taste.
- Pomegranate seeds and some pistachios for extra flavour.
- Tortillas with black seeds and some salsa.
- Turkey and avocado rolls.
As you can see the choice is much diversified and very tasty too. No doubt you are going to love mixing and matching these snacks, as well as inventing some snacks of your own with these healthy ingredients we mentioned.